HEALTH & SAFETY
Pier Contractors has a strong commitment to Health and Safety and therefore undertakes to discharge their statutory duties by:
- Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures
- Providing and maintaining safe work equipment
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work
- Recruiting and appointing personnel who have skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of regular training as appropriate
Furnishing the funds needed to meet these objectives.
To maintain the high standards of Health and safety required within the construction industry our detailed method statements are designed to ensure each project is delivered safely.
Partner contractors and each client are fully consulted. A rigorous auditing system is used to monitor performance including both internal and external sources.